Introduction: How to Repair the Macbook Pro Logic Board at Home
A Logic board failure (computer doesn't start, black screen) is a very common failure of (old) macbook pros. The repair costs are way higher (around 600$) than what a used non broken mac is worth. Therefore, I decided to use this method to repair my 2008 macbook pro. It worked out well. However, I do not assume any responsibility if something goes wrong using this guide.
All you need is
Step 1: Open the Top Case
- open the top case - you will need a torx °6 screw driver and a small Philips screwdriver
Step 2: Remove the Logic Board
2. Remove the logic board, again you will need a torx °6 and small Philips screw driver
3. Clean the logic board (remove also the thermal compound)
Step 3: Bake It!
4. put the logic board on aluminum foil pillars
5. preheaten the (kitchen) oven to 220°C / 428°F with air circulation
6. put the logic board in the oven, turn the temperature to 200°C / 392°F with air circulation
7. After 7 minutes turn the oven off and open it a bit
8. put new thermal compound on the cooling
9. after the logic board has cooled down, take it out of the oven
Step 4: Reassemble
10. install the logic board
11. put on the top case again
7 People Made This Project!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.