With Instructables you can share what you make with the world, and tap into an ever-growing community of creative experts.
How to Run TASM and Compile x86 Assembly Programs in Windows 7 64 bit Version (including the removed commands in Windows 7 64 bit: Debug and Edit)
1. Go to Start, and My Computer. Click on (C:) Local Disk C (or any desired location you want).
2. On the directory, create a folder and name it TASM ( or any name you want).
3. Download this file.
5. Extract the contents of the .zip file.
5. Copy the extracted files to the folder TASM (or to the folder you've made awhile ago). Also, don't forget to extract the DEBUG125.zip to the same f...
7. Download DOSBOX here.
8. After installing the DOSBox, run it and type the following lines: MOUNT E C:\TASM E: If you chose a while ago a custom drive besides the dir...
9. Put your assembly code (e.g .asm) in the same directory where you installed TASM and TLINK and run it by typing: TASM TLINK
10. The executable file is located in the folder TASM or your chosen directory. You can run it as it is or via CMD by typing .exe
Extra (Optional): 11. The debug command was deleted in Windows 7 64 bit machines. The file that you've downloaded and installed has the 'debug' execut...
Extra (Optional): 11. The edit command was deleted in Windows 7 64 bit machines. The file that you've downloaded and installed has the 'edit' executab...
We have a be nice comment policy. Please be positive and constructive.
We noticed you attached photosto your comment.
I can not see the progress of the Floating point registers. When I use RN after any Tracing of any Assembly instruction I can not see a modification in the ST registers. However the memory is modified correctly.
every-time I try to assemble my program I get a message saying illegal command tasm.
you need to be in same path as the TASM.EXE
example - compile a small program inside a folder
c:\tasm\example\3dcube> ..\..\tasm.exe points.asmc:\tasm\example\3dcube> ..\..\tlink.exe points.obj
-- now there should be an exe file
Very useful tutorial. Keep up the good work.
Learning Java: Your First Program!by CarterD
Turn an N64 Controller into a USB Gamepad using an Arduino Leonardoby BobJones6732
Install Windows 7 builds 7057, 7068, and even 7077!!by songkipark
Teach Me Python #1: Downloading And Installingby BlueBlood Studios
How to connect Arduino to a PC through the serial portby dvdllms87
How to help speed up your computer's start up timeby sharkboy8888
How to install Linux on your PCby Bryciekai
First Assembler Programby saintmeh
How To Setup A Windows Kernel Debugger Over Your Networkby byoung82
FreeDNS update client for Windows 10 (x32/x64)by neumanngregor
Join 2 million + to receive instant inspiration in your inbox.
Download our apps!
© 2015 Autodesk, Inc.
By clicking "Create Account" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.
Already a member? Login »
Enter the email associated with your account and we will send you your username and a temporary password.
Not a member? Sign Up »
Want to go pro?
First step is to sign up.
By clicking "Sign me up!" you are indicating that you have read and agree to the Terms of service.