Introduction: How to Shoot a Basketball
By: Julien Hill, Karell Grosvenor
This slide is to show you how to shoot a basketball
Step 1: Materials
Step 2: Step 1: the Ball in Hands
- You need to grab and put the ball in your hand, also make sure your body is aligned with the court.
Step 3: Step 2 : Stance
- Now have the ball in your hands , put either one of your foot in front of the other by only about an inch.
Step 4: Step 3: Hand Position
- Put your dominate hand on top of the ball and your other hand on the side of the ball
- (The reason to have your dominate hand on top is to push and flick the ball/basically shooting, and your other hand on the side to control the ball and not to make it fall )
Step 5: Step 4 : Picking the Ball
- You basically pick up the ball, at least to your head or a little higher
- While you or picking the ball up your hand that's on top,should roll back to the bottom or close to the bottom of the ball
- When your picking the ball, don't forget to bend your knees
Step 6: Step 5 : Jumping or Standing
- You can either jump in the air or stand still, it's what ever feels comfortable
Step 7: Step 6 : Aim
- Aim at the court, (The hand on the side of the ball is to make sure it is steady
Step 8: Step 7 : Flicking the Fingers
- Flick the ball when the ball gets to where (step 5) had explained to you and push to with the same hand
- (Now how hard you push off depends on how far you are away from the court)
Step 9: Step 8 : Celebrate
- You just did the right way to shoot so, be happy
- But if you don't make the shot it's okay, you won't be shooting like Kobe Bryant in the beggining, you need to practice so keep at it.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.