I'm the creator of Ardulink an open source java library to control and coordinate Arduino boards (www.ardulink.org). I like to show in a video how much work was needed for the current version of the project. So I've produced the video you can see in the next step.
Step 1: Video History From Ardulink Project
Step 2: What You Need
I've done this video from a Windows PC but you can do it from a Linux or MAC system. I use SVN but GOURCE supports many repositories.
- Download Gource Software (http://code.google.com/p/gource/)
- Download FFmpeg Software (http://www.ffmpeg.org/)
- Check out your SVN repository in a local folder
- Run gource with SVN local folder parameter
- Run ffmepg to convert PPM file into AVI file
- Upload in Youtube or use the video as you want
Run gource... you can do it with this command:
gource -1280x720 -o gource.ppm C:\\path\\to\\code\\repository
Run ffmpeg... you can do it with this command:
ffmpeg -y -r 60 -f image2pipe -vcodec ppm -i gource.ppm -vcodec libx264 -preset ultrafast -pix_fmt yuv420p -crf 1 -threads 0 -bf 0 gource.x264.avi
For more detailed info see http://code.google.com/p/gource/wiki/Videos
Please take a look to my Arduino related project here: http://www.ardulink.org/