* You really can't completely silence a Nerf gun, but this comes pretty close.
Step 1: Supplies
1. A Nerf Maverick gun
2. A small Phillips- head screwdriver
3. Wire cutters (a small wrench will work too)
4. 3/8" Felt pads (used for moving furniture, can be found at Walmart or any hardware store)
5. A pair of scissors (not in picture, sorry)
6. 15- 20 minutes for both silencing and powering up the gun
Step 2: Disassembly
Step 3: Barrel Removal
Step 4: Power Up the Mav
To power up the gun, you need to take the restrictors out of the barrel. Here is how you do this.
1. Pry the small orange ring off the orange side of the barrel with the wire cutters (or pliers).
2. Pull the entire rod out of the barrel.
3. There will be three screws on the black side of the barrel. Unscrew them and remove the end of the barrel.
4. Pull out the rod- looking things. Underneath them will be three-pinned restrictors and springs. Remove these and put the rod thingies back.
5. Screw the barrel back together and push the rod back through.
6. Use a hammer or mallet ( or just sheer force) to replace the orange ring on thr end of the rod. This may sound weird, but putting some saliva in the ring will make it go on easier.
7. Finally, reinsert the barrel the same way you took it out of the gun.
Step 5: Silence the Gun
1. Insert two pads into each side of the cocking mech. (as shown)
2. Stick 1/2 of a pad onto the pump where it touches the metal rod (as shown)
3. Place about three pads behind the large spring (as shown)
4. Cut a small piece of pad to place onto the trigger mount (as shown)