This is my first instructable, so plz don't get upset if it isn't "great". This will show you how to power up your Mav and also silence* it.
* You really can't completely silence a Nerf gun, but this comes pretty close.
Step 1: Supplies
What You Need
1. A Nerf Maverick gun
2. A small Phillips- head screwdriver
3. Wire cutters (a small wrench will work too)
4. 3/8" Felt pads (used for moving furniture, can be found at Walmart or any hardware store)
5. A pair of scissors (not in picture, sorry)
6. 15- 20 minutes for both silencing and powering up the gun
Step 2: Disassembly
Next, you need to disassemble your gun. Take the three screws out of the cocking mechanism and put this piece off to the side for later. BE SURE TO LEAVE THE OTHER SIDE ATTACHED TO THE GUN! There will be eight screws on the gun itself that you need to take out. Finally, you need to carefully separate the two halves of the gun.
Step 3: Barrel Removal
First we will power up the gun. Pull back on the orange ring as shown in the picture. This will allow you to pull the whole barrel out of the gun without too much trouble. You can release the ring once the barrel has been removed.