The truth is that solving the Rubik's Cube is completely feasible and even easy and enjoyable!
In this instructable I will teach you How to solve a Rubik's Cube for your first time! So get yourself a scrambled Rubik's Cube and you ready to go!
Like any other puzzle, the Rubik's Cube solved piece by piece, one at a time, meaning every step focuses on solving only few pieces, while preserving the previous steps pieces.
This instructable is a brief description of the Rubik's Cube solution, without the move notations
(see : How to solve a Rubik's Cube guide)
Step 1: The Rubik's Cube Solution
1) First, Choose a color to begin with (white will be great), then solve the 4 edge pieces of the color you chose to form a '+' shape. Make sure the edge pieces also fit the other center pieces they belong to. (Remember! center pieces cannot move, so you'll have to being the other pieces to them.
Rubik's Cube solution Guide - The Beginner's method solution with animated move notations & algorithms.
3) Complete the middle layer. Solve the 4 edge pieces of the middle, one at a time and by that actually finish the middle layer. Make sure to solve these pieces while preserving the first layer pieces solved. (See move notations if needed - link added)
4) Orient the 4 edge pieces of the last layer to form a '+' shape, like in step 1. For this step, these edge pieces doesn't have to fit the other center pieces, just with the yellow color (the top face color actually- yellow if you chose white at the beginning) (See move notations if needed - link added)
5) Relocate the four corner pieces of the top layer so every corner piece will be in its final location. In step the corner pieces doesn't have to be oriented, meaning the corner pieces can be twisted in their location. Try to preserve previous steps solving while solving. (See move notations if needed - link added)
6) Orient the four corner pieces of the top layer, and completely solve them. Twist the four pieces so their colors will perfectly fit the other center pieces they touch. Only one step to go! Keep going! Try keeping the solved pieces solved, get assistance with the orientation algorithm (See move notations if needed - link added)
7) Last step! Relocate the four edge pieces. They already oriented so relocating them will completely solve them and….. The whole Rubik's Cube! One last effort and you got there! Congratulations!
Congratulations! You completely solved the Rubik's Cube. You belong now to the small group of people who can solve this incredible puzzle. Enjoy puzzling!
The Rubik's Cube solution – algorithms & move notations (with animations!)