IT IS IMPORTANT TO READ ALL STEPS BEFORE ATTEMPTING AND HEED ALL WARNINGS! RESEARCHING BEFORE ATTEMPTING IS ALSO RECOMMENDED!
ALSO DO A PATCH TEST BEFORE INITIAL TATTOO TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE NOT ALLERGIC TO THE INK! IF THE PATCH TEST HEALS FINE THEN YOU CAN PROCEED WITH THE MAIN EVENT!
(some of these images are mine, some were found on google, i mean no harm in putting them here, if they are your picture and you would like me to source it just tell me and i'll have no problem doing it )
Step 1: Get your suplies together...
To do a stick and poke tattoo you will need the following:
- a needle (i recommend using 20-18g sterilized piercing needles)
- disposable gloves
- india ink or tattoo ink (DO NOT USE PEN INK!)
- a paper towel or medical bib (if you have those available they are probably better)
- alcohol swabs or a bottle of alcohol and cotton pads to apply it with
- a tattoo design (preferably simple)
- a sharpie (you will use this to draw the design on your skin as sharpies use alcohol based ink that are safer for use with tattooing then pens)
- something to hold the ink in
WARNING: Tattoos are better off done by a trained professional! Doing a tattoo yourself at home can put you in a greater risk of infection! It is, however, entirely possible to do your own tattoo and not suffer any bad effects. Tattoos have been done for hundreds of years in this fashion as well as many others, with a lot less sterilization; but that doesn't mean you should take the risk, only you alone can make the decision if this method is right for you !