Step 1: Basic Configuration
Step 2: For PNP Transistors
2. Connect the Negative Probe (Black) to Emitter and the Positive Probe (Red) to the Base. The needle should deflect to the right side,reading less than 100 ohms.
3. Now invert the probe connections to the Emitter for the Red Probe and to the Base for Black. The Needle should not deflect.
- If the results are the same as above, your Emitter-Base junction is OK.
5. Invert the probes again, Black to the Base and the Red probe to the Collector. The Needle should not move.
- If results are the same as above, your Base-Collector junction is Ok.