An instructable on how to train your hamster:
I'm going to explain in a few steps how you can tame and train your hamster. It's very easy and can be quickly done but your hamster must suffice following qualities:
- prepared to do some exercise ( in other words the hamster can't be fat )
- child friendly
- smart ( IQ from at least 120 )
Following equipment is also required:
- a cage that is large enough so it can run around
- some toys he can play with
- a crib
- some fitness-equipment so he can do his daily exercises
- gloves ( in case the hamster is aggressive and bites )
- chains ( also in case the hamster is a little basterd )
- a brush for his fur
- the right food ( you never know your hamster is a veggie )
- water ( always ) alternating with some soda or booze if he's in for a party
In case you've got all of this you can start training. You can do this all of yourself and really don't need to send your hamster to trainingschool.
Remember that hamsters are especially active at night and that they sleep a lot during the day. You also have to make sure that you feed him enough otherwise it won't be pretty and that you take care of his health and give him enough attention, you don't want him to make annoying noises because he's bored. Maybe you can let a little friend come over for him from time to time, your hamster has needs to ...
First you've got to tame your hamster, which means you can take him into your hands, caress him and feed him. At first you let him smell you hand so he gets used to it, next you try to feed him from your hand. If this all works you can try to touch him and take him out of his cage for a few seconds. When he doesn't show any aggressiveness or make weird noises your hamster is completely tame.