By the end of 2010 a program called TuneSwift has been published. This software allows you to transfer the entire iTunes library including apps, music, videos, books, playlists, tags, iPhone backups and many more.
It is easy to use and enables you to backup, transfer and restore the iTunes library to a new PC or Mac. You can load the software from http://www.copytrans.net/copytranstuneswift.php
To install the program just follow the on screen instructions. After the installation open TuneSwift.
You’ll now find three buttons/options:
1 Transfer 2 Backup and 3 Restore iTunes
1) To move your iTunes library to a new computer hit the “Transfer” button.
2) Now you can decide whether you want to copy iTunes to a PC or a Mac.
3) When you made your choice you’ll find a window to select the external hard drive or flash drive where you want to temporarily store the iTunes library. Give a name to the iTunes transfer archive and confirm.
4) Now click “Start Transfer”.
5) After the successful transfer of the iTunes library to the external hard drive, eject the drive and connect it to the new PC.
6) Install TuneSwift on the new PC and choose “Restore”.
7) Select the “Transfer File” from the external drive. Normally this file ends with “*.tsw” and hit the “Start Restore” button.
8) After the successful restore of your iTunes library, TuneSwift will notify you.
9) Close TuneSwift and open iTunes. You’ll find your complete iTunes library on your new computer.Pro
: TuneSwift is an easy to use app that transfers the entire iTunes library including the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch backups. It also allows you to keep backups of your library on external drives.Contra
: Mac users can only use the restore function of TuneSwift.