Simple 555 timer curcuit. very basic. flash an led on and off.
Step 1: Get Parts
you will need:
- 1x ne/se 555 timer IC chip.
- 1x solderless breadboard
- 1x source of 8 or more volts (i had 18)
- 1x 5V voltage regulator (if you dont have one you can use a 6v lantern battery.
- 2x 0.5k resistor (you can use anything from 0.5 to 1.5)
- 2x resistor (i used 2 and 5k, it would be better to use higher values)
- 2x 47 Uf electrolitic capacitors. (these can vary)
- 1x flasher led (red)
- 1x power led(green)
- 1x 300 uf electrolitic capacitor (value can go lower, this just prevents spikes)
- 1x switch