(Note: we primarily used iOS version 6 and the latest Dropbox update [as of March 7, 2013] when building these steps, so you may experience this process differently if you are using another version of iOS on your iPhone or a different version of the Dropbox app)
Step 1: Downloading and Installing Dropbox
2) In the search bar, type “Dropbox”
Step 2: Downloading and Installing Dropbox (cont.)
2) Click “Install” on the App.
Step 3: Downloading and Installing Dropbox (cont.)
Step 4: Downloading and Installing Dropbox (cont.)
Step 5: Downloading and Installing Dropbox (cont.)
on your phone
Step 6: Downloading and Installing Dropbox (cont).
If you have not created an account, click “I’m new to Dropbox.”
(Note: These instructions are based on the idea that you already have a Dropbox account. If you do not, you can either click on the "I'm New to Dropbox" option, or you can see our Mac/Windows Dropbox instructions for guidance on how to sign up through a web browser.)
Step 7: Downloading and Installing Dropbox (cont.)
Step 8: Downloading and Installing Dropbox (cont.)
Step 9: How to Use Dropbox on Your IPhone
2) A box will then pop-up saying “Dropbox would like to Access Your Photos”. Click “Ok.”
Your photos will begin to upload to Dropbox.
Step 10: Navigating the Dropbox App
A) the first one from the left is a shortcut to your dropbox folder
B) the next is a shortcut to the photo-uploading service
C) the third takes you to your designated favorite (starred) files
D) the final icon on the right is a portal to the dropbox settings.
Use them to navigate between different sections of the app.
Step 11: Uploading a New File to Your Dropbox Folder
2) Tap the "+" sign on the top right corner of the screen
3) Tap "Upload Here".
4) Now simply select the file you wish to upload and Dropbox will upload it for you.
Step 12: Creating a New Folder
2) Again tap the "+" button.
3) Tap "Create Folder"
4) Enter your new folder's name in the space provided
5) Then press "Create" at the top right.
To add items into your new folder: tap your new folder, click the "+" sign, and once again choose "Upload Here".
Step 13: Unlinking Your IPhone From Your Dropbox Account
1) Tap the settings icon in the tool bar.
2) At the bottom of the settings screen, tap the red banner stating "Unlink iPhone from Dropbox".
(Note: by doing this your Dropbox folder will become inaccessible to you through your iPhone. Only conduct this step if you wish to remove the Dropbox app's link to your account or if you wish to link a different Dropbox account to your iPhone Dropbox app).