It's not as easy as you may think. if you make a mistake, you could be shot down, and banished from the boards. but don't be intimidated. Most people on the tribe are kind, lovely State Radio fans, such as yourself.
Just follow these steps, and maybe one day you will be as cool as Shannon or Red.
Step 1: Creating a Username
1. Something creative
2. Something that is nice and easy to pronounce
3. Or just ignore the previous two, and tell everyone your name.
Step 2: Posting - Replying to a Topic
Now that you have done that, it is time to post your reply.
Just remember these three simple rules:
1. Keep it intelligent (this means good grammar and spelling)
2. ALWAYS stay on topic
3. Never double post (see step 4)
Step 3: Posting - Starting a New Topic
Here are some questions to ask yourself before posting:
1. Am I posting in the right thread? (Is it SR related, Non-SR related, about a show, or does it belong in the activism forum?)
2. Is it necessary? (does it serve any purpose whatsoever ?)
3. Has this already been posted? use the search feature.
Step 4: Editing a Post
Also, as mentioned in step 2, DO NOT double post! Just Edit your last one.
Here is how.
Use the Edit Button.
Step 5: Quoting
To quote an RLT'er hit the "cloud button" above their post.
To quote someone else, click the quote button on the "Post Reply" page and type or copy the quote.
Step 6: Sending a Private Message
to do that click on the private message icon above one of their posts.
Step 7: Entering a URL
1. click on "URL"
2 Enter the page you are linking to into the box.
3. Enter the URL text
Step 8: Linking to a Picture
1. Find the picture
2. Right/Control click, and select "view image"
3. Copy URL
4. Create a link to the page from 2 (see step 7)
Step 9: HOORAY!
Good Luck, have fun, and Wage Peace!