Wonder no longer! The purpose of this 'ible is to educate you on one one of the ways to access and use the camera in your iOS app. This is by far the most simplistic solution and does not include all the bells and whistles other approaches offer (such as controlling the quality).
In this 'ible we will make an application that:
- gives us access to all cameras on a device
- allows us to save pictures and videos we take
- allows us to see the last picture taken
Step 1: Create New Project
- Open up Xcode. Go to File>New>Project (or press SHIFT+COMMAND+N)
- Select "Single View Application" then Next
- Name it what you want, I am naming it HelloCamera
- Decide what devices you want it to run on.
- Make sure "Use Automatic Reference Counting" and "Use Storyboards" are checked then click Next
- Navigate to where you want to save it then click Create