Step 1: Limitations and Precautions
Step 2: The Trick
1. Pick any number to multyply by 11.
ex. Im going to pick 3,516.
2. Take your number that you have picked and write down the last number(the ones digit).
ex. in our example its 6.
3. Then starting from the last two digits(ones and tens) add them together and write that number next to your last number.
ex. 1+6=7. Then 7 is placed next to my 6 therefore 76.
4. You would continue this process from right to left until you have no more digits to add.
ex. 5+1=6. Then 6 is placed next to 76 therefore 676.
ex. 3+5=8. Then 8 is placed next to 676 therefore 8676
5. The final step in the process is to place the foreleading digit in front of the number youve created through all of the addition.
ex. 3 is placed next to 8676 which gives you 38,676.
So there you have it. You can check that on the calculator if you would like and this will work for all numbers multiplied by 11. Good luck and happy arithmetic!