I'm assembling this laundry sorter out of PVC parts.
Here's a run down of what I used and where I got them.
Note: all sizes are 1/2"Structural PVC Fittings
- these fittings are made particularly for building things (they do not carry fluid), though you could use standard PVC fittings as well.
8 - PVC20 - Three Way L
- These will be for the corners
5 - PVC25 - Tee
- These will be for the middle supports and for the top of the lid.
11 - PVC10 - Slip Tee
- These hold the "bag supports" and also are used to hinge the lid.
2 - PVC15 - Elbow
- These are the corners of the lid.Snap Clamps
Snap clamps are PVC clips that are used to hold on both the lid fabric and the laundry bags.
12 - For the bag supports
12 - For holding on lid fabricSnap Clamps on Our SiteSnap Clamp ManufacturerPVC Pipe Lengths
I kept the lengths simple. I made it three feet tall and 6 feet wide, so I only had two lengths to cut (with the section of the lid "edit" (more about that later). This is all 1/2" Schedule 40 PVC
16 - 3 foot cuts (4 for bottom, 4 for top, 6 for uprights, 2 for lid)
11 - 18" cuts (2 for bottom, 6 for top, 3 for lid)
You will probably want to determine the size based upon the size bags that you are planning to use.Other Stuff
5 Laundry Bags
1 pc of fabric to cover the top
a bunch of safety pins to help attach the fabric.