Step 1: What You Need!
Well here are the things I needed:
1. First and most importantly my two year old son, who grabs the baby egg plant and says daddy a birdie!
2. Small Egg plant that looks like a bird's body. Mine was about 3" long
3. A Mr. Stripey tomato, these have some color variation on the tops. I used this for the wings, tail, and flower pedals. You can use whatever you have though.
4. An Orange tomato for some contrast between flower center and pedals.
5. Some toothpicks
6. And a lot of imagination!
You can use whatever strikes you eye as potential art supplies.