What I love about this cookie, other than it's design, is that it combines two of my favorite flavors: chocolate and vanilla. Plus, who wouldn't love to take a bite out of a crispy and sweet hurricane, or dip a hurricane in a cold glass of milk?
And guess what? With a little patience and my step-by-step instructions, you'll be serving up this unique little cookie to guests before you know it!
To see the blog post where this recipe is featured [CLICK HERE].
Step 1: Make Your Dough
5 1/3 C. Flour
1 Tsp Baking powder
1 Tsp Salt
2 C. Unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 C. Sugar
1 Tbsp Vanilla extract
½ C. Cocoa powder
1. Cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
2. Add the eggs and vanilla to butter and sugar.
3. Add the baking powder, salt, and flour to the wet ingredients.
4. Divide the dough in half. Add the cocoa powder to one of the halves of dough.
5. You should now have one chocolate and one vanilla dough.