I always wanted to do this project but in all the guides i always found that you need some kind of wood cutting skills and/or tools. So … I decided to make a simple hydraulic robot with cardboard, reinforce and hold by duct tape that anyone can do.
Duct tape not only is strong but also looks pretty cool; it gives the robot a cool metal like look and it holds everything together really good.
Step 1: What you are going to need!
- Cardboard box (the harder the better, I used a pizza box but you can used any type because we are going to reinforced with the duct tape)
- Scotch Duct tape (I like the silver because the metal like look)
- 3 machine screws 3 inches in size with nuts
- 2 machine screws 1 ¼ inches in size with nuts
- A flat and square piece is wood ideally 12 inches by 12 inches for the base to attach the robot
FOR THE HYDRAULIC SYSTEM:
- 8 syringes (you can get them at any pharmacy without prescription just say you need the type that is use for cough medicine, you can’t put a needle on those. I got mines at CVS and Walgreens for free)
- 6 feet of clear tubing ¼ “x .170” (got mine at home depot for $3)