Have you ever wanted to just take someone's cell phone and smash it or throw it into traffic? Well, now you can.
The idea is this:
On April 1st, ask to borrow someones iphone. Then quickly switch the real phone with this wooden one. Then in a real angry voice,"I hate these things" and smash the wood one against a desk or throw against a wall or step on it or throw into the fire or throw into traffic or ... You get the idea!
As long as the owner of the real phone is far enough away and you are quick enough, he should not recognize that it was not his phone.
Then you could hold it up, showing only the profile and say:," It is only bent a little".
Perhaps at this point, if the phone owner is getting a tad upset, you should return the original phone with a smile and a ,"Aprils Fool!"
Step 1: Cut Piece of Wood
I used my real iphone to cut a piece of plywood to roughly the right size.
Step 2: Paint, Attach Face, Break
1. Spray paint it a gloss black .
2. Find an image of the face of an iphone, print it out, cut to size and glue to the wood
3. I made a couple of small cuts on the back to aid in breaking it.
4. Put in vice and gently hit the wood until it breaks just enough to be obvious but not entirely detached.
5. ready to go
Step 3: Ready to Use
1. One time only, you could chuck into a nearby lake or out the window of a moving car.
2. My wife teaches at a high school where cell phone use can be disruptive . She plans to use this to demonstrate how much she dislikes them during the class. Hopefully she picks on a student with a sense of humor.