If you're going to make brownies for Valentine's Day (or any other day, for that matter), why not accurately express how you really feel?
Thanks to everyone for your comments and votes!
Step 1: Making Brownies
- large bowl
- measuring spoons and cups
- wire whisk
- knife (to chop chocolate)
- 8 inch square baking dish
- small mesh sieve for stencil (I'm using a large tea ball here)
- 10 tablespoons (1 1/4 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces chopped chocolate (2 ounces each of milk and dark used here)
- cooking spray
- powdered sugar for stencil
Step 2: Mmm, Brownies. . .
2. Place butter in a microwave safe bowl and heat on high for 35 seconds or until melted
3. Add sugar and cocoa powder and mix well
4. Microwave an additional 45 seconds, mix again
5. Allow to cool slightly
6. While it's cooling down, chop the chocolate into small pieces
7. Add the eggs to the cocoa-butter mixture one at a time, mixing well after each
8. Add salt, vanilla, and flour. Mix well
9. Stir in chocolate chunks
10. Pour into pan that has been sprayed with non-stick spray (be sure to spray it really well; I didn't do it, but it's probably a good idea to flour the pan as well as these are really moist and gooey brownies, and they will stick)
11. Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean
12. Allow to cool fully (I usually pop the pan in the freezer to speed this along and help make sure they're solid).