I never would have been able to do this without TechShop.... I took the sandblasting and powder coating class and look at what I was able to do.
Step 1: Step 1 - Go to the Sandblaster
- Turn on the fan
- Turn on the vibrator to get the sand to the bottom
- Turn on the light inside the blaster
- Turn OFF the lights in the room.
Once I got the lights out; I started moving pretty good.
To powder coat I would have needed to get these even cleaner but I think I can finish them up with a wire wheel, prime and paint.
I tell you this was hard work....
Some things I would do differently:
- The sand blaster is too low; it needs to be higher up so you don't have to lean over to use it
- The lights inside the blaster are not bright enough. They could be 3 times as bright and that probably still would not be enough
- The blaster clogged easily
Anyway; Tech shop is still a great place and I never could have done this without them.