For months I have been looking for a matching shelf and spice rack combination for my kitchen. I had a very precise list of things I wanted…
- The spice rack had to be a series of small shelves which were not too deep.
- The spice rack had to be expandable in the future, as you always keep acquiring more and more stuff to put on there.
- The shelf had to be about 800mm (31”) long and about 200mm (8”) deep.
- The shelf had to be very strong in order to carry my cook books.
- The shelves had to be constructed from matching hardwood and have a ‘rustic’ appearance to match my kitchen.
- They had to be cheap!!!
I hunted everywhere and found a couple of things which I liked, however, they cost £100s and even then I would still have to ‘modify’ then to suit my needs.
Then one day I was in IKEA (it happens quite frequently) and I spotted these:
These plant pots came in a variety of convenient sizes, were made of hardwood, had a rustic appearance, are quite well constructed and they are cheap. Perfect.
I purchased a pile of them and set about ‘planting’ my shelves and writing my first Instructable!
In order to do this you will need:
- The plant pots of your choice,
- Drill bits
- Screw driver
- Screws and suitable wall plugs
- Tea and biscuits (cookies)