Step 1: What You Need
1x Playmat. Like the IKEA LEKA http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/5026627...
3x Sticks about 100cm in length and not thicker than ø25mm where they attach to the mat.
3x 3D printed stick mounts.
3x Screws ~18mm long to attach the sticks to the mat
2x Screws ~35mm long to assemble the sticks in the top
1x ribbon about 10mm wide and 100cm long. This is just for aesthetics so this can be excluded.
Toys and/or stuffed animals
Step 2: Print the Stick Mounts
They print well without support material. Use PLA or PETG. Don't use ABS since it's toxic.
Step 3: Cut and Prepare the Sticks
1. Cut the bottom part at an angle of 55 degrees. You can use the template image to get the correct angle.
2. Cut of and sand down anything sharp and pointy.
3. Clean the sticks.
Step 4: Assemble the Frame
1. Sew the stick mounts to the mat according to the drawing - 900mm apart in a triangular shape facing in.
2. Screw the sticks together at the top. Just two screws are needed.
3. Screw the sticks to the base.
Step 5: Final Touches
Wrap the ribbon neatly to cover the screws in the top. You want to make it look like it's the ribbon which is holding everything in place.
Dress the frame with stuffed animals, toys or other goodies your child might like. We used knitted animals called Amigurumis which my wife had made but you can of course use anything you like.