I looked around various websites (including one of my favs: Etsy) for a medal holder that could hold my race bibs, race medals, and the occasional race picture in a somewhat decent-looking fashion and that was also affordable.
Still, I did not really like the options I found so I decided to put together two IKEA items and attempt to make my own.
Step 1: What You Need
You will need the following items:
* An IKEA RIBBA shelf
* An IKEA TJUSIG coat wall hanger
* A saw (handsaw or similar)
* A pencil (or other writing instrument)
* A screwdriver
* A measuring tape
* Some paint and brush (paint colour and type to match shelf colour)
* 2 or 3 wood screws
* Letter or Number stickers (optional)