Introduction: INTO THE DOT
'Into the dot' was initially thought of as an experiment for one person in an urban landscape. It is motivated by one question:
"Is it possible to get lost if you don't know where you are going?"
Step 1: Preparation:
- Get an analog SLR camera
- Glue a little dot on its lens:
- use a wide angle lens: 24mm / 28mm and a UV-filter
- the dot should be three-dimensional (i.e. a small coin)
- Place a film inside the camera
- Focus on infinity / ∞
Step 2: Instructions:
- Go to a place where you have never been before.
- Take a picture from the spot where you are standing.
- Remember the spot that was covered by the dot on the lens.
- Walk into this spot.
- From there decide in which direction you want to take the next picture.
- Repeat step 2. - 5. until your film is finished.
Step 3: Contact: