Introduction: IOT Base Computing Using Nodemcu and Micropython
In this tutorial I am going to use NodeMcu, micropython and Mqtt connection to connect the server.
This tutorial is using https based mqtt connect to connect from Nodemcu to Adafruit.io Server.
In this project i am using micropython programming language which is almost simillar to python.
Step 1: Components Required
Following Components are required to complete this project.
- IR sensor
- USB Cable
- Internet Connection
Step 2: Getting Starting.
- Download and install espcut software for debugging .
- Download files from this link. which is stored as github repository. All program is available in this repository..
- Download and install the micropython firmware from this link to the NODEMCU
- Connect IR sensor to GPIO12 and LED to GPIO 2 of Nodemcu.
download this webrepl software
Step 3: Adafruit IO
- visit to io.adafruit.com and log in to go to your dashboard.
Step 4: Create Dashboard
- Click on action and create new dashboard
Step 5: Creating Blocks
- Click on the Dashboard name.
- again click on +(plus) button to create block
- Now Click on Toggle and give it a name.
- Now click on create button
- Next select your block and click on next step
- Give name to this block and set the names of ON state and OFF state.
- After that click on create block.
Repeat the process from 2nd step select text and create one more block as shown in figure.
Step 6: Final Dashboard
Your Final Dashboard will look like this.
Step 7: Get Username and Key
Click on key icon on left side of screen and Copy the username and Active key
Step 8: Enable WEBREPL
- Open the espcut software
- send this command "import webrepl_setup"
- read the text on console and configure the webrepl.
Step 9: Connect to Webrepl
- Find the wifi network who's ssid starts from micropython
- connect to that ssid with password "micropythoN"
- you will get the screen as shown in above figure.
Step 10: Add the Code
- extract webrepl software, open webrepl.html and click on connect
- it will ask you to provide password
- in my case the password is "1234567"
- wow you are connected.
- upload the files which was downloaded from github repository.
- upload main.py ,mqtt.py,boot.py and data.txt using webrepl.
- now press reset on button on your nodemcu. and check output on io.adafruit.com
- if you want check code execution then again you have to connect to micropython wifi and login.
Step 11: Working Video
The working video of this tutorial is available here.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.