Introduction: IR Remote Control Decoder Using Arduino
Hello Makers, This is a full tutorial on how to decode any IR Remote control. Just follow my steps below :)
Step 1: Watch the Video
First Up, You need to watch the video to get an idea how to do this and what things are needed, I have shown everything in my video. Link for that video- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sx6nCSRVzxg
Step 2: Buy Needed Parts
You don't need a lot of parts, Just a few-
1. Arduino Uno
2. 38KHz Universal IR Receiver (You can use any 38KHz one, I used TSOP4838)
3. IR Remote Control
5. Jumper Wires (Male To Male)
6. Your Laptop or PC
And That's It :)
Step 3: Download IR Library
Link to IR Library- https://github.com/z3t0/Arduino-IRremote
Download the folder above and copy it to Arduino library folder
Step 4: Download Scheme and Sketch for Arduino
The scheme shows everything about connections of Arduino with TSOP
Sketch And Scheme Are Below/ Above
Step 5: Troubleshooting Guide
Here's a Troubleshooting Guide in case your circuit does not work, It this guide doesn't help, Free feel to ask us questions in comment section of our videos.
1. Check the Pinouts of the IC, I Used TSOP4838 So Pins form left to right are as follows, OUT, GND And +5 Volts. Other IC's have Other Pinouts.
2. If exposed to higher voltages before, Your IC Could be damaged, Try using another one.
3. Most of the IR Remote Controls work at carrier frequency of 38KHz, Your remote may be different, So try another IR Remote Control.
4. Make sure connections with Arduino and TSOP Is correct, OUT To PIN 12
5. Make Sure that the path Between Remote control and TSOP Is not Blocked And is not too Long.
Step 6: Liking and Subscribing :)
It Takes a lot of work to make these videos and instuctables. It would be very helpful if you leave a like ad comment for us, Thank You :)
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.