Introduction: Iced Americano
Slices of lime and yummy apricots are not just decorative elements but they are key ingredients if you want to make really refreshing iced Americano. The whole thing of using apricots was a pure coincidence. I was whining (yet again) how nobody wants to eat fruits when Milan was just sipping his cup of coffee and decided to calm me down a bit. He ate apricots with his Americano and realized how well they go together. Then he thought a few slices of lime may give an extra kick of refreshing flavors and the rest is history.
- 4 slices from a ripe but hard apricot
- 4 lime slices
- 12 ice cubes - crushed (up to 1 inch wide)
- 2 1/2 cup of Americano coffee (chilled)
Method - how to make Americano iced coffee drink:
- Slice the lime and ripe but still hard apricot into thin 1/8 inch (3mm) slices. You will need 2 slices of each per serving.
- Crush 6 ice cubes per serving and place into a glass to secure the lime and apricot slices (12 cubes for two glasses).
- Coffee brewing: make 2 1/2 cups of Americano by first making two shots of espresso (about 1/4 cup per shot or 1/2 cup in total) and adding 2 cups of hot but not boiling water.
- Pour chilled Americano coffee over the ice, decorate with mint leaves, take a long straw and enjoy this wonderfully refreshing iced coffee.
Use this handy conversion calculator
The most peculiar outcome of this unusual combination is the mixing of flavors. I first thought apricots and lime should never meet coffee but then I tried this iced Americano and wow it was so yummy! Americano coffee with its mild taste of espresso coffee, ice and lime make it really refreshing but then you also notice a subtle sweet taste of apricots and suddenly this simple drink turns into a wonderful blend resembling much more sophisticated cocktails.
Iced Americano coffee drinks recipes tips:
- Cool down coffee to about 40 Celsius (104 Fahrenheit) before chilling in a fridge.
- Use several slices of lime and apricot if you wish to enhance the fruity taste.
- You can also make a flavored coffee version by adding vanilla extract or any other flavors.
Slice one lime and one ripe but still hard apricot into thin 1/8 inch (3mm) slices. You will need 2 slices of each per serving.
Crush 6 ice cubes and place into a glass to secure the lime and apricot slices (12 cubes for two glasses).
For each serving pour 1 1/4 cup of chilled Americano coffee over the ice, decorate with mint leaves, take a long straw and enjoy this wonderfully refreshing and yummy iced coffee.
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.