I am NOT one of those people.
I am the person who is panicking because I have not purchased or created my children's Halloween costume's yet.
I am "one of those people" who is checking ads now for those "must have" gifts that might be on sale now so I can buy them before the Official Holiday Season starts..
And I am "that person" who makes ornaments and holiday gifts February through November, just so I can enjoy my December with a cup of coffee in hand.
Yes, people hate to love me.
With all that said, I created these cute little Angel Ornaments made out of "Ideal" clamps or butterfly paperclips, pearl beads and ribbon. They are so simple, I created one in my office on my break.
Perhaps you are thinking, "Nah, she couldn't have done something this cute during her break time." I did have to bring some of the supplies from home...but, there is a photo of my office in this instructable for proof.
Onto the instructions! That's why you're here right?
- Ideal Clamps (Also referred to as Butterfly Paperclips) - I got mine at an office supply store for $2.49+tax.
- One 12mm pearl bead per angel
- 12-inch long piece of 1/8" wide ribbon (thread yarn would also work)
- a regular paperclip
- And... about 10 to 15 minutes (for the first one anyway)
- Measure 12-inches of ribbon.
- Fold the ribbon in half and using one of the ends of the regular paperclip, push the ribbon into the pearl. Note: I tried wider ribbon with no success. However, I do think thread yarn would work and look beautiful. I just used what I had. =)
- Pull the bead down the ribbon about 2-inches.
- Slip the ribbon through the center of the ideal clamp - see photo - so that the "wings" of the angel are on top.
- Slip the loose end of ribbon and the bead through the top loop of the ribbon and pull to tighten around the clamp.
- Push the bead down to the top of the knot as the head of the angel.
- Tie another overhand knot on top of the bead, pushing the overhand knot down to get it as close as possible to the top of the bead.
- Make a double knot or a square knot on the top using the two loose pieces of ribbon so that the ornament can hang on your tree or present.
- Trim the ends of the ribbon and enjoy!
I would love to see photos of anyone's cute angels! Leave them in the comments below if you get the chance. I know you'll be running to the office closet to see if you have some of these kind of paperclips handy....
This idea originated from here: Crafty Journal