In this instructable I will tell you how I made a bluetooth controlled nerf gun. I did this for a project at my school called "If This Than That" ("ITTT"). Note that this is a school project and that I did not manage to fix all errors and bugs for this is one of the few times I worked with Arduino's.
In this project I decided to build a bluetooth controlled Nerf gun turret. I did recreate a big part of this tutorial, but I also altered some things to save time and money and because I wanted to explore this project on my own.
First of all, you will need a nerf gun. I chose the Nerf N-Strike vulcan because it is easy to modify and has a built-in motor for shooting, which we will discuss later.
- 1x Arduino Uno
- 1x 9v battery (we use the battery pack included in the nerf gun)
- 1x 1k resistor
- 1x TIP 122 resistor
- 1x Servo (!note: The Nerf gun is quite heavy and requires a servo with enough torque. I used the Hitec hs805bb)
- 1x HC-05/ HC-06 Bluetooth module
- 1x Nerf N-Strike Vulcan
- Any android smartphone running android 4.4 or higher.
- Breadboard, wires, prototype boards.
- Soldering Iron
- Hot glue gun
- Electronic screwdriver
- Jig saw
- Small screwdriver
Other items used:
- Multiplex ( 100cm x 100cm )
- Wood glue
- Double-sided tape