Introduction: Ikea Hack Art Deco Table
Turn a cheap $5 Ikea Lack table into an Art Deco showstopper with just a little plywood, paint and glue.
Step 1: See How Easy It Is to Make Here!
Step 2: Stuff You'll Need
Lack table from Ikea (or small, square side table)
Maxx Gloss in China White and Patent Leather
Metallic gold paint pen
1/4" plywood cut in the following sizes:
8 - 2" x 6"
8 - 4" x 8"
8 - 6" x 10"
Large round lid
1. Using a large lid, trace a curve on the corner of each of the 24 pieces
2. Cut each curve with a jigsaw and fine blade
3. Sand each piece with a sander or sandpaper
4. Paint the 6"x 10" and 2" x 6" pieces with Maxx Gloss in black
*Make sure you paint 4 sets facing each direction
5. Paint the 4" x 8" pieces in China White
6. When dry edge each piece with a metallic paint pen
7. Paint the entire table with the Maxx Gloss in black
*Ikea tables come in black, but they are not glossy which is the effect I wanted
8. Glue the painted wood pieces together in sets
9. With E-6000, glue them to the corners of each side of the table and let dry