As storage around the walls of the attic room was now all Ivar shelving I wanted to use Ivar shelving to provide a suitable space for the computer whilst occupying minimal space when not in use.
Thus the Ikea Ivar computer desk was born.
Step 1: The Shopping List
Shopping List (items linked to product webpages).
- 2off Ivar side unit (30cmx124cm) £7 each
- 3off Ivar shelf (30cmx83cm) £5 each
- 1off Observator Brace (100cm) £2 each
- 1off Ivar shelf (50cmx83cm) £7.50 each
- 1off B&Q Piano hinge (60cm) £4.78 each
- 1off B&Q Mending Plate (pack of 4) £3.08 per pack
- 1off B&Q Corner Plate (pack of 4) £5.28 per pack
- 2off B&Q Flush Hinge (pack of 2) £1.38 per pack
- Approx 2.4m of 18mmx44mm planned softwood ~£2.60