Introduction: Illuminati Backlight-Lamp
Hello everybody! Today, I'm going to show you how to build an Illuminati-themed USB Lamp. Let's get right into it
Step 1: Parts
For this project, you'll need:
- Project Enclosure (1)
- Arduino Nano (1)
- Neopixel Jewel (1)
- Female-Female Jumpers (3)
- Male-Male jumpers (3)
- USB Cable
- Tracing Paper
Step 2: 3D-Printing the Centerpiece
This file was designed by Thingiverse user PlastikDesign.
***STEPS IF YOU HAVE A 3D PRINTER
Upload these files into your SD card or upload them to your printer. Keep that print time in mind when scaling the files up or down. Load the new g code files into your 3D printer (I use a PRUSA is MK2, so I just put the files onto a SD card, but if you have a wireless printer, just upload the files wirelessly). Start the print and you are done.
***STEPS FOR SOMEONE WHO DOES NOT HAVE A 3D PRINTER
First, Choose the printing service you want to use. I recommend that you use 3D hubs, since their file sharing system is very easy to use. Upload the files and chose the hub you want to use. The hubs also give you the option of filament you want to use. Most filaments would be fine for this project, just use common sense when choosing. For example, printing this crossbow in a super flexible filament would not be that great of an idea, since the functionality of a crossbow is based on having a tense frame. The site will guide you through payment and the hub will give you an estimated delivery date as well
Step 3: Electronics
- Plug in female-female jumpers to the GND, 3.3v and Digital pin 12.
- Connect male-male jumpers to all of the open end of the attached jumpers.
- Wire those jumpers to the Jewel to the corresponding ports.
- That's it!
Step 4: Code
Here's the .ino file. Upload it to the nano and move on to the assembly.
Step 5: Assembly
- Tape the electronics down to the bottom of the enclosure, ensuring that the jewel is centered.
- Place the properly sized tracing paper square over the jewel module. This obscures the light a bit and makes the lamp less harsh.
- Place the Illuminati in the enclosure. Make sure to insert the top of the illuminati into the central groove of the enclosure.
- That's it!
I hope you enjoyed this project. Now all you have to do is plug the lamp into your computer and you have light galore. Thanks for reading and, as always, Happy Making!
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.