Step 6: Removing the motherbord..
Alright, here comes the big job, remove the following screws:
From left to right or see photo for details:
- On the left in the upper and bottom corner, two gold color screws.
- Between the powerplug and bad capacitors, one silver.
- Between the big fan and the video out plug, one silver.
- Between the rowes of capacitors on the bottom, one silver
- Grey air output ontop of the "G5" logo, remove the left and the right one.
- Between the "G5" air tunnel and the memory banks, two silvers...
- On the top right and bottom, one silver and one gold.
Now remove the motherboard like so:
Grab on the cooling block and the connections and pull it out like shown.