Several techniques apply to any imported file you may wish to laser cut!
We'll learn about:
If you have just finished drawing your kerf comb, keep Autodesk Inventor open. Otherwise, open Inventor and load your saved file.
Step 1: Export as DWG
2. Select a name and location and click Save.
Step 2: Import into CorelDraw
1. Open your .dwg file.
2. The Import AutoCAD File dialog box will open. Make sure that "3D Projection" is set to Top and Units are set to English. (If you are importing an original drawing in metric, select Metric.)
You should be able to set scaling to 1:1. Check Original Size and New Size to make sure they don't say anything absurd.
Step 3: Check line width
Step 4: Label comb
1. Click the Text tool (or click F8.)
2. Draw a box on the first comb.
3. Type the tooth and notch widths you used to draw the comb. It may help to reduce the font size (I used 10 pt.)
4. When you're done, you can copy the text and paste it onto the second comb.