Many storage sheds are built in backyards, but never integrated into the yard itself. By that I mean most storage sheds tend to look like an afterthought -- sort of like a "big box with a roof" fell from the sky and landed in the yard.
This instructable focuses on how I started with a new storage building and integrated it into the overall landscaping of my backyard.
The materials I used included:
- 2x6 treated lumber for building a 5' x 12' deck
- 2x6 treated lumber for the ramp
- several concrete stepping stones to level the deck
- shutters and window boxes for the storage building
- approximately 20 bags of shredded wood mulch
- steel landscaping edging
- various landscaping plants
- a drip irrigation system
- primer & paint
I didn't list the quantities of lumber & edging that I used, because that will vary depending on how large a person wants the deck, and what they need in terms of landscaping.