Introduction: Improved: Peanut Butter Happy Dog Biscuits
Our dog loves his "cookies," but one day his "daddy" got the cheap boring smaller dog cookies that had no flavor. Here is a way to improve on flavoring your cheaper dog biscuits to make a more palatable treat. *Remember to take into consideration any allergies your pup may have.*
Step 1: Recipe and Setup - the How to Part
1. Pre-heat oven to a moderately low temp of 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Line cookie sheet with foil for easier clean up.
3. Place a layer of small dog biscuits on the sheet.
4. Mix in a medium bowl: (here I re-used a used up jar that still had some traces of peanut butter left in it so I didn't have to wash a bowl)
1 cup smooth peanut butter
1/2 cup warm water
1/4 cup molasses
2 tablespoons soy or tahini sauce
5. Mix well
6. Brush on all surfaces of cookies with basting brush. I used my silicon brush. IMPORTANT- do NOT soak the biscuits. You are brushing enough to coat.
6a. Sprinkle cheese powder (not refrigerated cheese, it will not keep) onto wetted biscuits. Aka, as in the packets that come with boxes of Mac-n-cheese. I have a store that has awesome bulk section that I can get my powder by the pound...
7. Place into heated oven for approximately 30 minutes, watching after 18 minutes for over baking by lighting oven and checking for signs of a too hot oven.
8 Turn off oven. *leave cookies in oven to finish drying out." Remove after cooled. Store in covered container.
9. Tell your pup, you luv them and give a cookie or two!
Step 2: Your Dog Is Now Happy!
Make your kitties jealous, until an Instructable comes out just for them ;)