- indoor weather including temperature, humidity (pressure would have been possible as well)
- noise level
- indoor air quality.
Such a project is composed of several steps, a chain along which the information is carrier over different platforms, from sensors to user interface. Although there are plenty of tutorials on internet, I found that they tended to focus on one step or the other. Therefore with this Instructable, my goal is to show how these different bricks fit together from A to Z.
I hope it'll inspire and help you build your own project. As always - if you like this Instructable, Votes, Favs, and Comments are much appreciated !
Step 1: Environmental datalogging information chain
1) Sensors: which values are of interest, which sensor to choose ?
2) Platform: where are the sensors connected?
3) Logging: where is the data stored?
4) Communication: if the answer to 3) is not "locally", then how is the data transmitted?
5) Display: how is the data presented to the user in an understable form?
The next steps cover these questions and show the answers I have implemented :
2) Platform : Arduino
3) Datalogging on Thingspeak
4) Variation a) Communicating in direct serial communication to the computer, with USB cable
Variation b) Bluetooth communication with computer
Variation c) Bluetooth communication with android smartphone
5) Web display from Thingspeak