Step 1: Cut and Center a Square
- Cut off a suitable width of acrylic plastic from stock piece.
- Measure the width.
- Mark the the width as the height of the cut line.
- Cut out a square.
- Draw an X from corner-to-corner.
Step 2: Round a Square
- Use a scriber tool to put a dent into the center of the square.
- Use a compass to draw a circle inside the square.
- Cut off the edges.
- Drill a through hole.
- Put into a wood lathe (use rubber as an end-spacer)
- Round with tools.
- Use water to cool the tools.
Step 3: Sand and Polishe
- Use wet sandpaper.
- Start with a coarse grit.
- Step down to fine grit sandpaper.
- Use rubbing compound.
- Use toothpaste.