The inkscape vector graphics program is free and available for Win, Mac, Linux.
It is similar to Adobe Illustrator.
Vector graphics can be blown up to the size of a barn door without getting ragged.
But sometimes it is fun to make rough-looking text or objects.
Jittering will let you simulate hand-painted text.
Follow the photos above, or watch the one minute video below.
- Type your text into inkscape with the text tool.
- Optional: change text spacing
- > use Alt + arrow keys to move letters up and down and left and right
- > use Alt + square brackets ] and [ to tilt letters
- Convert text to a "path"
- Add nodes to the path so there will be more spots to jitter
- Jitter the nodes
- Save or export your jittered text