Hey Everyone ... i will try to share with you this project, i love reading inspirational stories and quotes, so i decided to make a poster with them, with a little twist. what i did is making the quotes lighten up in a random fashion, 1-3 lines at a time, the quotes will be fading in and out. I used arduino to accomplish that.
Step 1: What will you need ?
you need :
The frame :
- - Some wood.
- - A plexie glas ( polycarbonate sheet) 2.5mm thick, depanding on how big your poster is, mine was 70 x 120 cm.
- - a printed laminate, same size as your sheet
The hardware :
- - 3mm or 5mm bright white LEDs Led's .. a lot of these, depanding on how big you poster is, i needed 1000 of these ( 27 USD from ebay )
- - BC238 transistors ( NPN ), you need as much transistors as your quotes + 1 .. so i had 22 quotes, and then i needed 23 transistors
- - resisatens, depanding again on your power source and how many led's you have, i needed 82 Ohm, and 1010 of these ( look at the hardware step to see how o calculate the values )
- 3 Demultiplexers, i used 74LS138. again every one of these can only drive 8 channels, so depanding on how many quotes you have and devide by 8 ( from ebay ).
- power source. mine is 5 V and 2 A.
- - assorted wire (I suggest 26 AWG stranded wire with Teflon insulation)
- - solder
- - solder flux
- - Kapton tape (or masking tape in a pinch)
- A lot of patiance ! and some soldering skills
- tools as needed for cutting wood stuff.