Step 1: Tools and Supplies
2. Plastic Cement
9. String Line
12. Measuring Tape
Step 2: Make Plastic Cement
2. Add water till it looks similar to the picture above. Try not to make it to wet because the brick will sink. However, don't make it to dry because brick won't stick to the cement.
Step 3: Set Up String Lines
2. Set up your string lines and make sure it's tight. This will give you height and distance of where the brick should be. Beginners should start laying 3 brick rows at a time.
3. Hint: Adjust string line to desired height to allow a slope for water to drain.
Step 4: Lay Brick
2. Put enough plastic cement down to lay around 10 to 15 bricks. Smooth out the cement with your trowel.
3. Put a brick in position and hit it with the mallet till the brick is set at your height and angle.
4. Once you've laid 3 bricks across then use your level to ensure they are even.
Step 5: Make Cuts
2. Mark your brick and draw a line between the two points.
3. Take your grinder and cut your brick to desire length.
4. Install your cut.