Introduction: Install Vacuum to Intex Pool Pump
- YOU are responsible if you burn your pump doing this. Having said that, this works fine on my sand filter pump.
- As directed by Intex, do not run your pump with swimmers in the pool.
Step 1: Using a New Plunger, Like the One Shown, Make Cuts Using a Razor Blade.
Step 2: Using a Tube of Glue, Make Cuts With a Razor Blade and Keep the Tube.
Step 3: Using the Glue Tube.
- After unclamping the intake, carefully remove the intake piece from the inside of your pool. This is the piece that is pushed into the inside of your pool frame and pulls water into the pump.
- Replace the piece you removed with the glue stick tube, after cutting off the ends and cleaning out the inside (see picture).
- Reclamp the pieces so that they are secure. Keep the tube sticking out just a little from the inside of the pool.
Step 4: Putting It Together.
- Insert the end of your hose into the area you cut away from the plunger so that the larger side of the plunger is facing away from the hose.
- Place the plunger over the hole that now has the glue stick tube in it.
- This will bring suction into your pump without blocking leaves -- keeping the original intake piece in the pool will only have leaves block the intake. With the glue stick tube replacing the intake piece, leaves and debris flow into the pump.
- Be sure to check your pump occasionally for extra leaves and remove them.