I haven't seen any how to's for this and I have been through many sites for xbox mods.So I have decided to do one of my own.
I will be assuming that you know how to open your xbox, and remove the mainboard from the case.
This instructable will show you how to do it yourself and keep your xbox quiet and cool.
Opening your Xbox console voids the Factory Warranty!
I assume no responsibility for any damages or harm that may come to you, your xbox console, or any other persons or material items caused by the following of this instructable!
Do this at your own risk!
Step 1: Supplies...
- 1, 3-Pin Case Fan (No larger than 40mm x 80mm x 10mm)
- 1, 3-Pin Header (see photo)
- Needle Nose Pliers
- Soldering Iron (15-30 watt Range)
- Rosin or Resin core 60/40 Solder
- Solder Wick/ Solder Sucker (Optional)
- Wire snips
- Torx Screwdrivers (T20,and T10 Respectively)
- Utility Knife/Exacto Knife
Finally and most importantly you will need some patience and soldering skills!