Introduction: Instamorph Brass Knuckles (or Plastic)
First of all, I created this 'ible for my friend Erin who had no way of documenting her project for our Instamorph Build Night at the Phoenix Asylum. So here I go Erin, I hope you like it.
For our 3rd Build Night at the P.A. we were gifted Instamorph to create something unique and wonderful. Erin decided to make Brass (plastic) Knuckles.
- Electric Tea Kettle
- Large Spoon
- Big Bowl
- An Imagination
- About 1 Hour
Step 1: Prepare Your Instamorph
Preparing Instamorph is pretty quick and easy, just follow the instructions on the back of the package or read below.
- Fill your electric tea kettle with water.
- Heat the kettle to about 140 - 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once your desired temperature has been reached, pour your hot water into a bowl.
- Now add your estimated amount of Instamorph into the bowl of water.
- When ready, the liitle white balls will turn clear and stick together.
- Pull your clear glob out of the bowl using a large spoon.
- Touch the glob lightly to test the temperature.
- once you are able to handle the Instamorph, you are ready to create.
Step 2: Creating Your Brass (plastic) Knuckles
- Mold 4 pieces of Instamorph into rings that fit your fingers.
- Place them on your fingers to ensure they fit snug.
- Once they fit all 4 fingers nicely, place them back in the water for a few seconds so that they become pliable again.
- Connect the 4 rings together so that they mold well yet still fit your fingers.
- Now create some spikes out of the extra Instamorph plastic.
- Having created spikes that will fit the knuckles to your specifications, it's time to put them in the hot water again for a few seconds.
- Attach your spikes, being sure to affix them well.
- BOOM! You now possess Plastic Knuckles.
It's really that easy to create any design you wish to make. The ideas are actually endless and the plastic hardens quite well. Instamorph is also reusable if you grow tired of your previous invention.
Erin is actually really nice so I doubt that she will ever have a reason to use these. Haha.