Introduction: Instant PP Plastic Backpack
Learn how to make a backpack out of recycled grocery bags or polypropylene plastic bags.
• 2 PP bags
• Measuring tape
• Nylon rope( any kind of rope)
1. Turn the PP bag inside out
2. Pocket assembly:
• Cut a piece of cloth that will fit at the front side of the bag
• Attach the piece of cloth by sewing the edges to the bag, except the top part
• Put a divider by sewing the middle part
3. Cut the handles of the bag
4. Sew the edges of the opening of the bag
5. Lock assembly:
• Put holes at all sides of the bag (similar to bucket bag)
• Insert the rope through these holes, both ends should be in front
• Cut a piece of cloth (2.5” x 3.5”) for the lock adjustment
6. Cut 2 pieces of cloth (10” x 6”) and shape it like a half circle
Put it together by sewing the edges, and turn it inside out
7. Again, cut 2 pieces of cloth ( 1.5” x 3”) and stitch it together
8. Sew together the pieces mentioned at steps 6 to 7
9. Then attach it at the back part of the bag. This will serve as the front cover of the bag.
10. Lock for the front cover:
• Cut a piece of cloth (4” x 1”)
• Attach it in front of the bag
11. For the strap of the bag, cut 2 strips of cloth (25” x 3”)
12. Fold and stitch it in the middle
13. Attach the straps at the back, sew the ends at the top and bottom part of the bag
14. Final step: Attaching the Velcro for the lock
We have a be nice policy.
Please be positive and constructive.