Got that tickle for a pickle, but feeling fickle about the wait? With your hand-powered vacuum, you can convert your cucumbers in about 30 seconds to delectable dills of delight!
This pickling relies on a fascinating process using negative pressure to collapse the cell walls of your cucumber, and break down the membranes, letting water out, and your vinegar brine in. Whether you're in it for the science or in it for the taste, 30 second pickles are just magical!
- What: Instant Pickles! (30 second vacuum pickles)
- Wait, seriously!?: Yes indeedy
- Concepts: air pressure, cell structure, diffusion
- Cost: ~ $2 for a full on cucumber conversion
- Time: ~ 60 seconds prep, 30 seconds pickling
- Large syringe (with no point)
- Small cup
However, we're going to take what sometimes takes years and blow it out of the vinegar. In 30 seconds. About one millionth the time.