This could be used as a last-minute fancy-dress idea, turning a flag into a national t-shirt, or a flowery table-cloth into a hippy top.
I have to credit Kiteman with the idea. Unfortunately, he did not have the time to do the ible himself, and so passed his idea on.
Simply put, this is a Labot interpretation of the work of genius.
Step 1: Materials
- Some material
- Staples, glue, or safety pins (I used staples)
Step 2: First Cuts...
2. If your material is large enough, just cut out a T-Shirt shape. If not (like mine), then cut a bit off the top to make sleeves out of later.
3. Hold up the remaining material against you to estimate how much material you'll need to make a shirt. Cut off any extra material.
Step 3: Making the Sleeves & Neck
2. Using your scrap material, cut out two sleeves. You'll need to cut out two separate squares for each sleeve, for a total of four squares. You can hold them up to your arms for a good estimate.
3. Hold the sleeves up to your material and cut out holes of appropriate sizes for the sleeves.
Step 4: Tying It All Together
2. Staple up the rest of the shirt, making sure to leave holes for the neck, arms, and bottom of shirt.
3. Put on your shirt. Walk around, attracting stares of disbelief, wonder, and adoration. Allow others to bask in your awesomeness.
As always, good luck and have fun!